|Location||Edenvale, South Africa|
|Date Posted||March 21, 2022|
Our client within the logistics industry, seeks to appoint an Air Freight Export Controller to join their team based in Johannesburg – Edenvale. This role involves Processing of Shipments for Air Freight Export. Ensure import air shipments are processed quickly and effectively with all information on progress being always available.
Job Duties Operational
• On receipt of shipping instructions or notification from Customer Services, arrange for the collection of cargo from shipper
• Check that transport department collects goods on time
• Check that GRV was received from the warehouse once goods are checked in
• Arrange for the cargo to be booked with the airline
• Process export documentation (Air-Waybill, HAWB, COO, EUR1, etc. as applicable)
• Frame customs entry on behalf of exporter and submit to customs.
• Batch freight documents for export
• If applicable, arrange for customs examination for export under customs supervision or provisional payments that need to be claimed back from customs.
• Arrange for transport of goods to the respective airline at the airport
• Monitor receipt of signed waybill from the airline
• Check test weight versa weight on the documents and if different notify the client and make required changes on the documents
• Send pre-alert of documentation to the respective agent and to the client
• Invoice the file and quality approve
• Arrange for delivery of the documents to the client Financial
• Invoice the shipment to the client in accordance with the standard applicable rates, or as per the quotation supplied by the Customer Service team
• Print P&L sheet and confirm accruals and revenue is correct and sign off the sheet
• Ensure that the funds for CBO shipments are paid and reflect in the account prior to departure
• Invoice foreign charges where applicable
• Place file in CMP status once P&L sheet is signed off
• Matric or Senior Certification equivalent
• Minimum 2 years’ experience in airfreight product
• Must have a good understanding of customs procedures.
• Dangerous Goods
Interested Candidates should apply: