|Location||Bellville, South Africa|
|Date Posted||December 29, 2021|
The Sanlam Retail Affluent business (SRA) is a business that is part of Sanlam Life and Savings. SRA is dedicated to empower South Africans in the middle- and upper-income segments to be financially confident, secure and prosperous. With deep client understanding and a focus on excellence in technology, client and intermediary experiences, SRA delivers financial solutions including comprehensive financial planning, life- and disability insurance, credit solutions, savings and investments, retirement and fiduciary services that can be accessed through various platforms. Business Shared Services is the customer facing business unit within SRA.
As we Live in Confidence™ we believe in creating and cultivating a positive, energised working environment that gives you every opportunity to achieve success. Sanlam is committed to transformation and embracing diversity. This commitment is what drives us to achieve a diverse workplace with employment equity as a key goal to create an inclusive workforce, representative of the demographics of our society as well as people with disabilities.
What will make you successful in this role?
• Manage a department’s performance within a specific division of Business Shared Services
• Ensure that your department effectively contributes to the business Unit’s Client
Satisfaction and Experience standards
• Manage the budget and make decisions regarding resources with your team
• Manage the People practices and performance statistics and reports of your department
• Actively be responsible for the coaching, training and development of personnel
• Assist and provide support to team members regarding complex client enquiries
• Ensures Service Level Agreements and Key Performance Areas are continually reviewed and expectations are met with optimum levels of quality and service delivery.
• Work closely with the Resource Planning team to ensure the most effective resource plans are developed and achieved
• Review management information and make suggestions, recommendations so as to improve processes across the business.
• Matric/Grade 12
• Relevant business degree/diploma or industry related qualification
Knowledge and Experience:
Must have insurance or call centre industry knowledge and an understanding of:
• Life Assurance environment
• Call Centre and Client Services business
• Financial Service experience is essential
• Experience in managing personnel within a call centre environment would be an advantage
• Ability to function under immense pressure
• Good conflict management skills
• Be innovative
• Ability to develop and empower others
• Good communication
• Decision making skills
• Client service orientation
• Objective setting and control
• Self confidence
• Ability to use internal networks to solve client problems
• Ability to operate independently
• Be proficient in working with technology – computers, telephone systems and software applications
Build a successful career with us
We’re all about building strong, lasting relationships with our employees. We know that you have hopes for your future – your career, your personal development and of achieving great things. We pride ourselves in helping our employees to realise their worth. Through its four business clusters – Sanlam Life and Savings, Sanlam Investment Group, Sanlam Emerging Markets, Santam, as well as MiWay and the Group Office – the group provides many opportunities for growth and development.
Cultivates innovation - Contributing independently
Customer focus - Contributing independently
Drives results - Contributing independently
Collaborates - Contributing independently
Being resilient - Contributing independently
Should you not hear from us 4 weeks after the closing date (16 January 2022), please assume that your application has been unsuccessful.
Appointments will be made in line with the company’s transformation plan.
Please note that this is a developmental opportunity therefore the business will follow its Talent Management Development Process.
The shortlisting process will only start once the application due date has been reached. The time taken to complete this process will depend on how far you progress and the availability of managers.
Our commitment to transformation
The Sanlam Group is committed to achieving transformation and embraces diversity. This commitment is what drives us to achieve a diverse, inclusive and equitable workplace as we believe that these are key components to ensuring a thriving and sustainable business in South Africa. The Group's Employment Equity plan and targets will be considered as part of the selection process.
Interested candidates can send their CVs