|Published||July 5, 2023|
|Location||Cape Town, South Africa|
The Finance and Operations Directorate of the South African Medical Research Council, which includes Finance, Operations, Supply Chain Management (SCM) and IT, plays an integral support function in enabling the organisation to fulfil and achieve its vision of improving the nation’s health and quality of life by funding and conducting relevant and leading health research.
• Supply Chain Management Strategic Sourcing and Planning
• Assist Division Head with Strategic Goals
• Bids Management in relation to logistics
• Travel Management and Reporting
• Staff Supervision and Coaching
• Stakeholder Management
• Acquisition Management
• Contracts/Supplier Performance Management
• 3-year Degree in Supply Chain Management or other related qualification.
• Knowledge and application of PFMA and Treasury Regulations, Practice Notes, Circulars and other relevant legislative framework
• A valid and unendorsed Code B driver’s license or higher
• 3 – 5 years’ relevant experience in Supply Chain; with three years of Travel management experience; solid understanding of demand/acquisition management and some experience (one to two years) executing demand management strategies
• Professional engagement with senior stakeholders
• Report writing
• Good computer skills
• Organizing and communication skills.
• Knowledge of Supply Chain Management Protocols
• Travel Management Protocols