|Location||Cape Town, South Africa|
|Date Posted||May 13, 2022|
About the Organisation
The Kolisi Foundation has a vision to change narratives of inequality in South Africa. We seek to support people living in under-resourced communities in South Africa, by providing resources, facilitating capacity-building and horizontal learning exchanges, and advocating towards systemic change. The Kolisi Foundation’s mission is shaped around the following three focus areas: Food Security, Gender-Based Violence, and Education and Sports Development.
About the Job
The Junior Accountant reports to the Finance Manager and is part of the Finance Team of the Kolisi Foundation. The Junior Accountant is responsible for collecting and maintaining financial data, for maintaining accurate records of business transactions including recording and calculating income and expenses, making bank transactions, creating sales invoices and raising purchase invoices. The Junior Accountant will also support the Finance Director in their financial reporting, year-end and compliance duties. This role has growth prospects within the Finance Team.
- Financial accounting
- Preparation of payment requisitions and loading of payments
- Checking movements on the bank accounts
- Downloading bank statements from internet banking and importing into SAGE pastel software
- Processing all entries on bank statements through SAGE pastel software
- Filing paid and signed off invoices, as well as proof of payments
- Reconciliation of various general ledger accounts
- Administration and transaction capturing of company debit cards as well as reimbursement processes for other staff expenses
- Invoicing various debtors as and when instructed/required
- Issue donor receipts including Section 18 A certificates
- Printing of various month end reports from Payroll system and subsequent filing
- Assist with the following financial reporting:
- Monthly cashflow and forecast and Monthly Management Accounts
- Assistance with donor finance reports
- Assist with the following financial year end processes and compliance
- Audit (documentation preparation and queries)
- Annual Budget
- Board meeting finance reports
- BBBEE self-certification
University degree or college diploma in the field of accounting.
Three years direct work experience as organisation accountant and experience with project accounting.
Working knowledge of Pastel Sage.
Technically competent in Microsoft Office Package and database software.
An understanding of the non-profit sector.
Experience at working both independently and in a team orientated, collaborative environment is essential.
Can conform to shifting priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problem solving capabilities.
Reacts to project adjustments and alterations promptly and efficiently
Flexible during times of change.
Ability to read communication styles of team members and contractors who come from a broad spectrum of disciplines.
Persuasive, encouraging and motivating.
Strong written and oral communication skills.
Must be able to learn, understand, and to apply new technologies.
Driver’s license and own car
Interested candidates can send their CV