|Location||Westville, South Africa|
|Date Posted||March 21, 2022|
Our client seeks to appoint a Junior Demand Planner to join their Planning Team based in Westville. The role is based within the Logistics Division and will report to the Demand Planning Manager. The successful candidate will be required to work as part of a cross-functional team (sales, supply planning and finance) to deliver the sales forecasting and demand management process within the division.
Job Duties Strategic Planning
• Execute the degree of forward planning (3 - 6 months, 2 years etc.) as defined by management Sales Analysis
• On a weekly and monthly basis, analyse actual sales to generate the forecast, make recommendations, and drive continuous improvements to gain consensus with the cross-functional team on the forward forecast (including base and event). Base Demand Planning and Forecasting
• Analyse historical demand and remove anomalies (including outliers) from the norm using historical information, knowledge of the category and through getting input from the sales teams.
• Identify the most appropriate statistical forecasting model for each product group to generate an accurate base forecast. • Generate the base demand plan using the most appropriate statistical forecasting algorithm and adjust where necessary Events/Promotions Forecasting
• Work with the customer team to determine promotional activities volume and track the effectiveness of the promotion (costs vs promotional volume increment). Question the promotional volume based on the success/failure of past promotions.
• Use the promotions grid and related discussions with the sales team as input into the event forecasts.
• Work closely with the sales team to document the assumptions for each promotion, driving clarity on volume, price, and customers. Innovation Management
• Work with the sales, supply planning and procurement teams to develop the forecast for new products using appropriate forecasts copied from other products plus appropriate market intelligence.
• Track and publish KPI’s for each innovation.
• When discontinuing a product, work closely with the supply planning team to ensure accurate ‘bleedout’ forecasts to enable a smooth run-out process
• Use the agreed forecasting KPI’s (bias, hits and misses and accuracy) to drive improvement in the forecasts and to minimize volatility. Use these KPI’s to assist when analysing the historical data while generating the forecast. Sales and Operations Planning
• Work closely with the Demand Planning Manager and finance team to deliver the Sales and Operations Planning pack, ensuring that the information is available on time and is accurate
• Using the forecasting and customer service KPI's, work closely with the supply planning team to deliver improvements in customer service, particularly by providing insight into stock holding by branches to ensure that promotions are delivered.
• Provide the required data to the Finance team in the appropriate format to enable the annual and quarterly budget planning process. Job Requirements
• BCom Supply Chain Management / BSc or BEng Industrial Engineering or relevant tertiary qualification • Minimum 2 - 3 years demand planning experience
• Experience working on Excel is Essential
• Experience working on SAP and SAP BW would be advantageous
Interested Candidates should apply: