|Published||July 19, 2022|
|Location||Pietermaritzburg, South Africa|
Focus Stores Pietermaritzburg -
- Focus Stores Head Office in Pietermaritzburg has an opportunity available for a Junior Healthy Foods Buyer to join the Procurement Team.
- The main purpose of this role will be to manage suppliers, trading terms , market analysis, product selection/buying , planning, stock management, driving turnover and profit.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Implement strategies to improve profitability of the category.
- Analyse consumer buying patterns to predict future trends in order to choose most profitable product ranges.
- Manage plans to ensure optimal stock levels for the business at all times.
- Develop and adhere to a category plan that includes category sales, profit, market shares, second stock returns.
- Ensure a detailed marketing plan is formulated and that it`s in line with the overall company strategy.
- Identify and develop various category pricing and promotion strategies to ensure customer needs are met while remaining competitive in the market.
- Evaluate product quality by using customer feedback as a measuring tool.
- Report on category plans on a monthly basis.
- Develop a yearly category operating strategy and ensure it is in line with Focus' strategic category objective.
- Compile reports on relevant products and their sales, quality and feedback.
- Maintain relationships with existing suppliers while sourcing new suppliers for future products.
- Negotiating prices and delivery contracts with suppliers.
- Review supplier contracts and ensure they are valid, in line with industry standards and industry good practice.
Qualifications & Experience
- Grade 12 / Matric with Mathematics and Accounting
- Minimum of 3 years Category Buying experience
- Degree or Diploma in Finance/Retail Management or any similar qualification
Computer skills – (Excel, Word, Powerpoint)
Interested candidates can send their CVs