|Location||Johannesburg, South Africa|
|Date Posted||January 25, 2022|
Media & Journalism
eNCA: SOUTH AFRICA'S MOST WATCHED TV NEWS CHANNEL. eNCA is South Africa’s most trusted independent TV and online news brand. It launched on June 1st, 2008 to become the country’s first 24-hour television news service.
Reporting to the Broadcast Manager.
The Video Wall Operator is responsible for creation and operating sequential graphics for display on the video wall in conjunction with senior video wall operator during a live and pre-recorded productions. Willing to learn new skills in video wall operations.
Job Functions Creative,Design,Graphic Design,Technical
Industries Broadcasting / Transmitting,Media
- Prepare the video wall graphics as per running order in conjunction with Senior Video Wall Operator.
- Loading and testing the rundown.
- Ensuring that all the graphics elements are loaded and playout correctly.
- Running on air tests when required.
- Checking all graphics before going to air.
- Create effects for video wall use
- Route live feeds to the video wall
- Control server playback to the video wall
- Playout video wall elements as per running order.
- Have the ability to design.
- Conceptualise graphical elements for use on the video wall
- Come up with new designs in conjunction with the rest of the graphic team
Key Performance Indicators:
- Ability to work in and to demonstrate a flexible approach in a fast changing and sometimes pressurised environment, working to high standards and tight deadlines
- Conceptualise new ideas on a daily basis
- Demonstrates craft and operational aptitude alongside great team-working whilst taking personal responsibility to get things done and content to air.
- Prepared to embrace a learning environment - eager to seek out opportunities to expand knowledge of the role through both formal training and other experiences.
- Effective communicator - interprets sympathetically the requirements of programme-makers and is able to tactfully suggest alternatives.
- Excellent team worker - participates fully in contributing to the team’s decisions; flexible and proactive in taking on the roles required.
- Demonstrates awareness of the business and the pressures on each individual to be as cost-effective as possible.
- Strives to provide the highest quality of work, both artistically and technically, whilst understanding and working within the limits imposed by available finance, resources and deadlines.
- Demonstrable interest in programme output.
Education: Diploma/Degree in Graphic Design
Languages: Business English
Specific Professional Competencies:
- A working knowledge of the technical operations and functions of VizRt/Dalet
- Good communication skills
- Must be able to work in live and pre-record environment
- Must be able to work under pressure
- Proactive and organized
- Well organized (methodical) and disciplined
- Must pay attention to detail
- Able to work under pressure - multi task
- Able to take direction
- Able to work with crew and editorial staff
- Able to work in a digital environment
- Follow any instructions issued by the Head of Operations and or person delegated to do so. These may be standard or ad hoc instruction
- Understanding of role players
- Good Computer literacy and a good understanding of file structures
- Able to troubleshoot
- Good knowledge of sound and video signal
- Able to work in a live and pre-record environment
- Have understanding of broadcasting environment
- Strong typing, spelling and grammatical skills in the English language.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Able to execute cleanly on air in a high stress, rapidly changing environment
- Able to quickly trouble shoot
Interested candidates can send their CV