|Published||July 12, 2022|
|Location||Cape Town, South Africa|
Logistics and Purchasing Co-ordinator
One of our clients based in Plattekloof, IT support Company , they are looking for a Logistics and Purchasing Co-ordinator to join their team.
Will be responsible for the overall supply chain management function in order to enhance internal efficiencies, business development and overall customer satisfaction. The scope includes organising, monitoring and distribution of goods including contract management.
- Relevant tertiary qualification in Business Administration, Logistics or Supply Chain or equivalent;
- Proven working experience (minimum 5 years) as a Logistics and Purchasing Co-ordinator;
SAP B1/SAP experience advantageous;
- Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint knowledge.
- Record of successful distribution and logistics management;
- Internal and external stakeholder management;
- Excellent communication skills with all relevant stakeholders;
- Tender process management and supplier vetting;
- Directing, optimizing, coordinating, and monitoring the full order cycle by strategically planning and managing logistics, warehouse, and transportation services for the Company.
- Liaising and negotiating with clearing agents and freight companies;
- Liaise and negotiate with suppliers, manufacturers, retailers, and customers – including all contract management and price negotiation.
- Liaise and continuously update the Sales Department and any other departments on their requests;
- Keep track of quality, quantity, stock levels, delivery times, transport costs and efficiency (coordinating with sales for forecasting);
- Arrange warehouse, catalogue goods, plan routes and process shipments;
- Meet cost, productivity, accuracy, and timeliness targets.
- Maintain metrics and analyse data to assess performance and implement improvements;
- Resolve any arising problems or complaints and ensure that no escalations take place;
- Comply with laws, regulations, and ISO requirements;
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and organisational skills;
- Ability to work independently and handle multiple projects;
- Self-starter and self-motivated;
Interested candidates can send their CVs