|Published||July 31, 2023|
|Location||Cape Town, South Africa|
Our Client based in Paarden Eiland, Cape Town is looking for a Senior Electrician - To undertake installations and electrical repairs of generators and other electrical appliances ensuring effective and safe electrical connections to minimize the probability of accidents and maximize usability on all sites.
At least 3-5 years in generator industry.
3 phase to single phase vice versa
Minimum Educational Requirements & Skills:
Must be a qualified Electrician by trade that underwent Apprenticeship.
Trade Test successfully completed with a wireman’s licence
· Valid driver’s license code EC.
· A good understanding of diesel engines.
· Responsible individuals with great attention to safety precautions.
· Excellent physical condition and flexibility to work long shifts and overnight.
· Proficient in English.
· Well-organized with a customer-oriented approach.
· Marketing, sales and administration experience.
· Fully computer literate in MS office Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Internet, E-mail
· Exquisite communication and people skills.
Behavior / attitude
· High level of commitment and loyalty.
· Quality oriented with attention to details and capable of working to deadlines
· Capable of working on his/her own initiative.
· Change orientation.
· Customer insight.
· Ambitious, driven.
· Achievement orientation.
Role & Responsibilities:
· Prepare planning for installations, repairs and maintenance.
· Execute plans of electrical wiring for well-functioning diesel generators and other electrical systems.
· Performing site inspections with sales consultants.
· Installing and maintaining of gensets and other electrical, equipment.
· Fault finding on genset control and generators.
· Assembling and installing ATS.
· Programming and modifying controller.
· Changing gensets from 3 phase to single phase vice versa.
· Undertaking site supervision.
· Attending to call outs.
· Preventing breakdown of gensets by routinely inspecting and replacing old wiring and insulated cables, cleaning circuits etc.
· Perform effective troubleshooting to identify hazards or malfunctions and repair or substitute damaged units.
· Explaining the functioning of the generator ATS to the client.
· Ensuring that the company vehicle is neat and clean.