|Location||Johannesburg, South Africa|
|Date Posted||May 15, 2022|
Computer & IT
eNCA: SOUTH AFRICA'S MOST WATCHED TV NEWS CHANNEL. eNCA is South Africa’s most trusted independent TV and online news brand. It launched on June 1st, 2008 to become the country’s first 24-hour television news service.
Reporting to the Supervisor: Studio.
The incumbent is responsible for all video play-out and recordings for transmission.
- Media Playout
- Ensuring that the server play out and the Cinedeck backup system is tested prior to the start of broadcast and if any fault is found, to report it to engineering/IT and alert the TD.
- The Loading and playing out of inserts/programs off server as well as the backup system.
- Ensuring inserts/programs is line-up correctly server according to the play list.
- Alerting the TD of any irregularities regarding the play list.
- Monitoring and adjusting video levels.
- Monitoring audio levels.
- Operate media play out systems.
- Selecting required shots for screen grabs or story headers.
- Recording live events Video for quick playback in studio.
- Detailed post-prodution reporting.
- Good communication to and from the Technical Director and othercrew members.
- Calculating duration of shots and giving count downs.
- Giving durations on all content, segments of the rundown.
- Execute master recordings (shadow recordings).
- Inserting, pick up and assembling editing.
- Making a play list for transmission.
Job Functions Editing,Operator,Technical
Industries Broadcasting / Transmitting,Media
Education: Diploma/Degree in Film and Television
Languages: Business English
Experience: Minimum of 2 year`s experience in Television Broadcast
Specific Professional Competencies:
- Good communication skills
- Must be able to work in live and pre-record environment
- Must be able to work under pressure
- Proactive and organized
- Well organised (methodical) and disciplined
- Must be able to give attention to detail
- Able to work under pressure - multi task
- Able to take direction
- Able to work with crew and editorial staff
- Able to work in a digital environment
- Follow any instructions issued by the Head of Operations and or person delegated to do so. These may be standard or ad hoc instruction
- Understanding of role players
- Good Computer literacy and a good understanding of file structures
- Able to troubleshoot
- Good knowledge of sound and video signal
- Able to work in a live and pre-record environment
- Have an understanding of broadcasting environment
Interested candidates can send their CV