|Published||November 7, 2023|
|Location||Cape Town, South Africa|
Leader in the field of precision mechanical manufacturing seeks a Toolroom and
Maintenance Manager at their premises near Cape Town
For the position you would be required to have:
• Trade: Fitter & Turner / Electrician/ Toolmaker.
• Tool Jig and Die certification advantageous.
• A minimum of 5 years related work experience in similar job.
• A minimum of 5 years management experience.
• Sound financial management – budgets.
• Project management experience – short-term implementing.
• ISO 45001 experience advantageous.
• Experience in toolroom and maintenance environments with a proven
record of design and manufacturing of press tools, jigs and fixtures, CNC
machine setting and tool changes, and programming.
• Exposure in high-volume manufacturing environment.
• SAP – Preventative maintenance modules.
Main Responsibilities (but not limited to these only)
• Supervise and lead all toolroom and maintenance processes and activities.
• Plan and manage all repair and installation activities.
• Assign repair schedules and evaluate repair cost estimates.
• Document and prepare daily progress reports and maintenance logs.
• Oversee equipment stock and place orders for new supplies when
• Manage and actively promote workplace safety by driving safety education
and compliance programs in conjunction with the SHEQ department.
• Manage asset performance evaluation through the conversion of data into
useful management information.