|Published||August 18, 2023|
|Location||Knysna, South Africa|
CapeNature seeks to employ a qualified, experienced, and motivated individual, an opportunity to co-ordinate our tourism offering at the ever-popular Goukamma Nature Reserve including Buffalo Valley. The nature reserve offers various key tourism facilities & activities namely, day hiking trails, kayaking, canoeing, and picnicking, to name a few. The successful individual will be based at Goukamma Nature Reserve. On-site accommodation will be available on the reserve, at a subsidized rate.
KPA 1 – Implementation of Tourism Operational Systems
Work with various internal and external teams to implement standard operational procedures, which drive a consistently high level of service excellence across all aspects of eco-tourism operations, to improve the visitor experience.
KPA 2 – Coordination of key Tourism programs
Facilitate and co-ordinate all tourism facilities maintenance and upgrades. This includes, but is not limited to, contributing to specifications for procurement, by ensuring that all supply chain policies are adhered to. Additionally, the incumbent will be required to oversee projects on the ground, by monitoring and evaluating supplier performance and contracts until delivery has been achieved.
KPA 3 – Internal & External stakeholder relationship
Maintain key relationships with internal and external stakeholders which contributes to the delivery of the overall strategic plans of the directorate, and to ensure that the reserves tourism product is top of mind.
KPA 4 – Financial Administration and HR Management.
Provide the Manager with Financial Administration, Human Resource Management, and logistical support.
KPA 5 – Service excellence standards
Maintain the relationship, contract and ensuring service excellence standards offered by concessionaire partnerships. In addition, input into identifying and researching new opportunities to grow the experience offering and facilities at reserve level.
• A formal Tourism / Hospitality / Business related qualification with at least (3) three years’ appropriate tourism/hospitality industry experience.
• A valid Code B drivers’ license.
• Working knowledge of the Microsoft Office Packages.
• Excellent communication, project coordination, time & financial management and customer relations skills.
• Language proficiency in two (2) of the three (3) official languages of the Western Cape.
• No criminal record.
• Experience in an eco-tourism environment is advantageous.
• Demonstrate experience managing accommodation/eco-tourism facilities.
• Background knowledge of nature-based tourism and conservation
• Working knowledge of the RoomSeeker reservations system will be an advantage, but not a key requirement.