|Published||September 20, 2023|
|Location||Cape Town, South Africa|
Leader in the field of precision mechanical manufacturing seeks a Toolmaker at
their premises near Cape Town
For the position you would be required to have:
• Qualified Toolmaker On progression press tooling.
• Tool, Jig and Die Making Red Seal certificate.
• Knowledge of Progressive press tool, Manufacturing, Maintenance, CNC
Mill ,CNC Turn
Main Responsibilities (but not limited to these only)
• Responsible for making precision tools/parts (such as jigs, molds, dies and
progression press tool assemblies.
• Special guides and holding devices, which are used in the manufacturing
process to make products.
• Work with variety of materials including metals, alloys, plastics, and
• Monitor tools produced to identify and implement any necessary
modification and repairs.
• Monitor of tools used on the manufacturing line to ensure efficient run
• Knowledge and understand computer numerically controlled (CNC)
machines, a solid background in a variety of technical and IT processes.
• Assembling, fitting, and repairing of tools.
• Working according to engineering drawings to measure and mark the
design for a tool and/or part.
• Use hand tools such as files, hacksaws, grinders etc.
• Use of machinery such as lathes, presses, milling machines, CNC
machines, tool & cutter grinders to cut, shape or form tools or parts.
• Knowledge and understand 2D and 3D computer aided design and
manufacturing software (CAD/CAM).
• Use Precision measurement instruments such as micrometers, gauges,
clocks, vernier calipers etc.
• Check parts and/or tools dimensions according drawing tolerances.
• Attending machine breakdowns to identify the root cause and solve the
problem in Toolroom.
• Tool maintenance and compiling reports. Creating and reading of
• Understanding CNC coding language.