|Published||November 16, 2023|
|Location||Cape Town, South Africa|
The Mental Health, Alcohol, Substance Use and Tobacco Drug Research Unit is looking for two experienced, energetic, and organized team leaders to work on the Couples Health CoOp Plus (CHC+), a large randomized controlled trial working with young couples who use substances to provide them with biobehavioural interventions linked to HIV. The successful candidates will be responsible for leading community workshops in a number of communities, leading community survey data collection as well as screening and recruiting participants as necessary, consenting participants, tracking, and retaining participants in the study. Successful candidates will be based at the MASTRU Delft site but will be expected to work within a number of surrounding communities on a daily basis. Other responsibilities include some administrative tasks and checking the quality of data.
• Training new team members on study activities
• Input into protocol development as needed and ensuring field team adheres to study protocols.
• Leading planning for and delivery of community-based workshops
• Assisting project coordinator with administrative tasks as needed
• Daily monitoring team’s progress of study activities and finding solutions to challenges in reaching targets.
• Data quality assurance
• Screening, recruitment, and enrolment of participants
• Tracking, transporting, and retaining participants in the study for all study appointments.
• Completion of consent
• 1–2-year accredited course/certificate relevant to the Job/Discipline certificate.
• 3 years relevant experience conducting fieldwork.
• At least 3 research experience total in projects that focus on substance use and/HIV risk and community-based research (with young people)
• Speak fluent English AND isiXhosa.
• Have a valid South African driver’s license with current driving experience.
• Be comfortable working with participants who use substances.